Whether you're rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, flashing an Image, installing firmware, or custom ROMS, enabling USB Debugging is a crucial step for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. What is USB Debugging? It's simply a way for your device to use Android SDK over USB connection.
USB Debugging is especially appealing to developers as it allows them to run commands, transfer files to and from PC and do other critical tasks. Enabling USB Debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is a piece of cake, it's neatly tucked away under Android's Developer Options menu.
On this page, you will learn to enable USB debugging in Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. You will be able to start enabling USB debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 by following the steps below. If you own any one of Xiaomi devices and want to enable USB debugging on your Xiaomi device, read the rest of article. You can also download Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 USB drivers to prevent unrecognized USB connections.
Steps to enable USB debugging in Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- Go to App drawer on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- On your phone, go to Settings→About Device/Phone
- You will have to look for Build Number of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- Just tap over build number section about 7 to 10 times
- After tapping over build number, your device will display popup message saying that "you are now a developer"
- This will simply unlock Developer Options menu in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Android device
- Go back and now access the Developer options menu, check ‘USB debugging’ and click OK on the prompt.
Instructions for Android 2.3 or earlier
Enabling USB Debugging for a device running Android 2.3 or earlier is a different story. Here are step-by-step instructions for that:
- Go to Settings menu on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- Scroll down and tap on Applictions or Apps or App Manager
- Scroll down until you find the Development
- Tap on this and check 'enable USB debugging'
Recommended Xiaomi device tutorials (You should read)
You might want to know how to install Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 USB drivers to be able to establish fine connection between smartphone to PC for firmware flashing purpose. Do follow the given useful articles below:
Do comment below about Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Android device if you have any problems while enabling USB debugging.
Related USB Debugging Tutorials for Android Smartphones
- redmi note 5 USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi Black Shark USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi Black Shark Helo USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi Black Shark Royal Blue USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi Chiron USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi E6 USB Debugging Guide
- Xiaomi Hongmi 2 USB Debugging Guide