Whether you're rooting Amazon Fire HD 8, flashing an Image, installing firmware, or custom ROMS, enabling USB Debugging is a crucial step for Amazon Fire HD 8. What is USB Debugging? It's simply a way for your device to use Android SDK over USB connection.
USB Debugging is especially appealing to developers as it allows them to run commands, transfer files to and from PC and do other critical tasks. Enabling USB Debugging on Amazon Fire HD 8 is a piece of cake, it's neatly tucked away under Android's Developer Options menu.
On this page, you will learn to enable USB debugging in Amazon Fire HD 8. You will be able to start enabling USB debugging on your Amazon Fire HD 8 by following the steps below. If you own any one of Amazon devices and want to enable USB debugging on your Amazon device, read the rest of article. You can also download Amazon Fire HD 8 USB drivers to prevent unrecognized USB connections.
Steps to enable USB debugging in Amazon Fire HD 8
- Go to App drawer on your Amazon Fire HD 8
- On your phone, go to Settings→About Device/Phone
- You will have to look for Build Number of your Amazon Fire HD 8
- Just tap over build number section about 7 to 10 times
- After tapping over build number, your device will display popup message saying that "you are now a developer"
- This will simply unlock Developer Options menu in your Amazon Fire HD 8 Android device
- Go back and now access the Developer options menu, check ‘USB debugging’ and click OK on the prompt.
Instructions for Android 2.3 or earlier
Enabling USB Debugging for a device running Android 2.3 or earlier is a different story. Here are step-by-step instructions for that:
- Go to Settings menu on Amazon Fire HD 8
- Scroll down and tap on Applictions or Apps or App Manager
- Scroll down until you find the Development
- Tap on this and check 'enable USB debugging'
Recommended Amazon device tutorials (You should read)
You might want to know how to install Amazon Fire HD 8 USB drivers to be able to establish fine connection between smartphone to PC for firmware flashing purpose. Do follow the given useful articles below:
Do comment below about Amazon Fire HD 8 Android device if you have any problems while enabling USB debugging.
Related USB Debugging Tutorials for Android Smartphones
- Amazon Fire 7 USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire HD 10 USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire HD 6 USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire HD 7 USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire HDX 8.9 (2014) USB Debugging Guide
- Amazon Fire Phone USB Debugging Guide