Odin is one of the best flashing tools for Samsung Galaxy devices. You can easily flash your Samsung devices with non-official as well as official stock ROM. Don’t worry, for this, you need Odin software installed on your Windows to be able to upgrade the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy devices.
Samfirm to Download Firmware of Samsung Devices
You can download the Odin tool easily from any of the following links by the version of Odin.
- Odin3 3.12.5
- Odin3 1.85
But you will find yourself in a very tough position, that flashable firmware of Samsung Galaxy devices doesn’t come by easily. You need to work, and surf the internet harder to be able to get a working flashable firmware for the device. Ones you get the flashable firmware, you can flash your Samsung Galaxy devices to either downgrade, upgrade, or restore your phone.
How Odin works:
First thing first, the Odin firmware files are similar to Google Pixel’s factory images, we just put .tar file to easy to use via a GUI tool rather than fastboot command terminal.
Download Samsung firmware files with SamFirm
- Download Phone Info Samsung, it will help you to find what is your currently active CSC value. (If you know already, go to step 3)
- Go to Phone Info Samsung app interface, get the CSC Code, remember this for later use
- Make sure that your PC has these Microsoft packages installed:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) on your PC
- All set, just download SamFirm v0.3.6 now
- It is the latest build and works to downloading Samsung Galaxy firmware files.
- This program does require Windows, as does Odin (while trying to download these files)
- Extract the zip file you just downloaded (It requires all needed files to work)
- Open SamFirm, make sure you select the Auto option under the region
- After that, the process of downloading files will be automatic and you won’t need a build number each time
- Enter your model number where it says Model, which begins with laters SM-
- Make sure to include the SM- or it will not download your files
- Next, under the region section, enter three-character CSC value (Step #2), then click Check Update.
- Wait, so that the latest update for your device is downloaded but if it says no update, this could be because the carrier you are using doesn’t use Samsung’s servers for updates.
- But if the download is found, then click Download and select a file location.
- Now, you will need to wait for it to start the download and decryption. (Depending on your network speed and CPU speed).
- After the wait time is over, you will be notified by SamFirm about the decryption has finished in the log window and the flashable file is ready to be extracted.
- Now, you can use Odin to start the flashing process.
Disclaimer: Follow at your own risk. Droidusb.com will not be responsible for any damage caused.